Grace's journey
Hi, I'm Grace. I am an elementary school teacher education student at PGRI University Semarang, Indonesia. I really love children, that's why I chose this major. And if you ask me why I joined the sea teacher program? This is all I can say "life is a choice, so I choose this way to keep growing without limits".
Well, let's take a look at the story of my 26 days at Dong Thap University, Vietnam.
My first week started
with a campus tour, orientation meeting, city tour, welcome meeting, group
meeting, and school observation. All of these activities were very interesting,
as we were able to meet and interact with participants from other universities
and from different countries. We also learned new things by seeing different
cultures from each country during the welcome meeting. During the supervisor
and group meetings, I also felt happy, as we worked together to discuss lesson
plans and how our teaching system would be.
But there are two things
that are very interesting for me in this first week, when the school
observation and city tour. During the school observation we were welcomed very
warmly by the teachers there and all the students, it made me even more
impatient to get into the classroom. I think my friends and I will feel at home
if we stay there for a long time, because they are very friendly and cute.
The next exciting thing
was the city tour! Who doesn't love traveling around the city? I was very happy
when the campus took us on a city tour to Nguyễn Sinh Sắc. There we could walk
around and breathe fresh air while learning history. It was very fun and
interesting because we could learn new things at the same time.
And in the next week we spent time to making lesson plans and preparing ourselves to teach in class, it might look boring but it was quite the opposite. Making these lesson plans was one of the most exciting parts of the sea teacher program! Because we learned a lot of new things, from making lesson plans that turned out to be a little different from our country, translating materials from Vietnamese to English, and making various kinds of learning media. These are all things that I wouldn't have been able to get if I hadn't joined this sea teacher program.
And when we felt tired
while working on the lesson plan, the college took us around the city for the
second time. This time we went to Sa Dec - Tân Quy Đông, a very beautiful place
because there were many flowers! We really liked the scenery, and it really
refreshed us.
Now let's talk about the teaching experience in the third week. I think this is my most favorite part to tell! My teaching experience went well, all the students in the future school were very eager to learn, their interest in learning was very high, they were very smart and cute! The facilities at the school are also very complete so they support learning. All the teachers there are very kind, they help us if we feel difficult. And when the students are active in class it makes me very happy, also when they hug me, I feel not as a teacher but I feel to be their parent, I love them very much.
Thanks to the Sea Teacher
program, Dong Thap University, future school, and all my friends! I hope we can
all meet again and make more wonderful memories together. 🖤

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)





.jpeg)
.jpeg)
Komentar
Posting Komentar